Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

My husband was driving a tractor trailer and lost control

Customer Question

My husband was driving a tractor trailer and lost control and went too the other lane while choking on a sip of coffee. The officer arrived after some stopped to make sure my husband was ok he called for help. One the officer arrived he refused to speak to my husband boss on the telephone pertaining to his load in the trailer. Secondly the officer left the scene for 30 minutes. Came back and gave him a ticket for 1128 C failed to use designated lane. Is there any way he can fight this he did not intend to choke and move across the other lane when he blacked out?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nys
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: It was on 90 in canaan ny
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes he is going tonight to plead not guikty and get another court date to appear Guilty
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 10 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Just to be clear, the Officer arrived AFTER the fact and did not witness this? Was there anyone else who did, who the officer spoke to?