Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Violations. PA. NO registration, and driving on

Traffic Violations Lawyer's Assistant:...

Traffic Violations

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NO registration, and driving on suspended license. It was suspended 10 years ago, and I qualified for a limited license and didnt come in the mail. The registration was done that day, but he gave me a ticket anyway.

6/26/2017
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Even if you qualified for the limited license, you would need to bring proof that the limited license had been issued, since you cannot drive in PA without your license in your possession. If you can bring in proof to court that PennDOT has approved the limited license the judge will likely dismiss the ticket or at least reduce it to license not on person.
As far as the registration, if the car was not registered at the time of the stop, that too is the violation. If the car was actually registered at the time of the stop, you simply need to bring in proof from PennDOT of the registration being renewed and the court will also dismiss that citation.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Ok thank you. Very big help
Thank you. I wish you the best.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney