Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I received a citation for expired tag. It expired for 1

Customer Question
month and I forgot to...
I received a citation for expired tag. It expired for 1 month and I forgot to renew it. I never break traffic law before. The police told me that I do not have to go to the court. Should I just pay this citation? If I pay this citation, will it be on my record and will it be considered as a misdemeanor. If I go to the court, do I plead to be not guity? is it possible to dismiss the charge? and what should I say during the court? what I should not say during the court? what documents should I bring to the court? what forms will I face to the court and how should I fill those forms? If the judge refuse to dismiss the charge, what should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's at Lilburn, Georgia
5/23/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Usually you can get the tag renewed and give them proof and pay them a small fine and it will never appear on your record. It will be dismissed.