How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 19318
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed a title today from someone who was giving me the

Customer Question

I signed a title today from someone who was giving me the car I bought. When they left I realized they took the title with them. I can't get a hold of them.
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Missouri but the car is titled in Kansas and no not yet should I?
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Idk.... I'm asking what my options are... he took off with the title he transferred over to me....
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Um I guess not
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

You need to find the person and demand that the title be returned to you immediately. Otherwise, you would file lawsuit against the person.

You may also file Police complaint against this person.

Unfortunately, you cannot register the car without the title transfer.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so very much! I have demanded it but they are still not answering or saying they will give it back. They sre receiving my messages bc it does say read on the texts.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

You need to file a Police complaint immediately. It appears that the taking of the title with them is intentional and that is illegal.

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. Kindly use the popup screen to give the rating. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.