How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amadeo Rivera Your Own Question
Amadeo Rivera
Amadeo Rivera,
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 71
Experience:  Sr. Trial Attorney II at El Paso County Public Defender
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Amadeo Rivera is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a traffic ticket for impeding traffic. I am out of

Customer Question

I have a traffic ticket for impeding traffic. I am out of town and wont be able to go to court. may 17 El Paso Municiple and the fine is 145.00 USD Can you help reduce or should i jsut pay it
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: EL Paso Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not on my end
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Amadeo Rivera replied 3 months ago.

Don't pay if it's a moving violation, because your insurance premiums will increase. Try calling the court first. They might allow you an extension of time. Otherwise, get on google. You will find plenty of attorneys who can appear on your behalf, and who may even be able to work out a deal for you that is significantly better than paying the ticket.