Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

Thanks so much, I will be appearing in mayors court tomorrow

Customer Question

Hi, thanks so much
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I will be appearing in mayors court tomorrow for a traffic violation (failure to yield on a left turn). I have already been granted 3 continuances. 2 from the clerk of courts and one from the prosecutor when appearing to make a plea. I have had an ongoing concussion causing me cognitive impairment, and feel that I do not want to make any decisions until the concussion is cleared by my neurologist. I have plenty of documentation, including form yesterday which states I am experiencing difficulty in making decisions. Can prosecutor force me to make a please tomorrow? What are my rights for a continuance under such circumstances. Thank you so much
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: This is in Bexley, OH mayors court I was cited at the time of accident nothing else yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope that's it
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney with Just Answer.
One minute while I review your question.
Ok the answer to your question is that there is precedent that suggests that you can't be compelled to go to court until your illness has cleared up.
In the cases of Indiana v. Edwards and Faretts v California suggest that a set represented defendant is entitled to a fair trial and you're disability may prevent you from doing so. You should make they Motion ASAP. Did you have any follow up questions? If not, were you satisfied with service today?