Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I received a speeding ticket in California. I payed the

Customer Question
fine, as required by california...
I received a speeding ticket in California. I payed the fine, as required by california and did a trial by written declaration and I was found guilty. I then wrote for a trial de novo and missed my court date. What happens now? Can I ask for a new trial date?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
5/10/2017
Traffic Lawyer: KJL LAW, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon
If this is the first appearance that you missed then it is likely that the clerk will put you back on calendar. You will probably have to walk in because they usually don't reschedule a missed trial by phone. If this is a subsequent miss, then you may have to retain the services of an attorney to have it put back on calendar by motion. You should really try and place it back on calendar quickly before your license is suspended. Also, if the clerk will not put it back on calendar you might be able to request traffic school. I hope this helps. Please don't forget to rate the question for credit and tracking so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

KJL LAW
KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer