How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 118259
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son got a ticket for following too closely an accident

Customer Question

my son got a ticket for following too closely an accident occured he was in the car behind the policy came both cars had to have repairs insurance was involved he is 19 and never done anything wrong
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: is there anything he can do Georgia Coweta County
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: only if it will help him
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just did not know if he should just pay the ticket
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is a 3 point ticket in GA. If the insurance companies are taking care of all of the damage and he has had no other tickets, then he needs to go to court and plead not guilty and then ask for a conference with the prosecutor and seek to get them to dismiss the charges (if none of the other parties from the other car show up in court) or ask to at least reduce it to a non-moving violation such as "impeding traffic" and get to just pay the fine. This type of citation can not only incur points on his license, but will cause his insurance rates to increase for a minimum of 3 years, so it is worth it to even spend the $350 or so it would cost for a local attorney to go to court and represent him to get a dismissal or reduction to a non-moving violation.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.