Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I requested a court date for traffic violation - No Proof of…

I requested a...

I requested a court date for traffic violation - No Proof of Ins. I meant to schedule a different traffic violation. Can I cancel my request? ( Miami-Dade County, Fl)

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, just requested a court hearing via their automated phone system

4/14/2017
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. So you have more then one open case/violation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct, the other is seatbelt violation which I do want a court date for.

Thank you. Yes, if you scheduled this by mistake, you can contact the clerk of court this morning and speak with someone, advising of the oversight/error. If you do have proof and insurance was in effect at the time, you may want to speak with the clerk and see if you could obtain a clerk dismissal, by showing valid proof at the time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are closed today but at least I wont have to spend the weekend worried about it. Thank you!

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney