Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I got a ticket for going through a red light. a red light…

Hi, i got...

Hi, i got a ticket for going through a red light. a red light camera ticket. I knew i made the mistake at the time. I did go through the red light. I was not paying enough attention and missed the light is what happened. I have a speeding ticket from 15 months ago that i went to traffic school for it and paid my fine. is there a way to avoid a mark on my record and request to go to traffic school even if it is not 18 months since my last ticket. also these are the only two tickets i have ever gotten in my life. I'm 61 and have been driving most of my life?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California. Beverly Hills

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

It seems that I must respond to the court by a specific date or i can simply pay the fine and it will appear on my record at the DMV it says.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

2/7/2017
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
LA County Superior Court has jurisdiction over Beverly Hills and they refuse to enforce red light tickets (the fine is about $500), so if you are issued a red-light camera ticket in Beverly Hills, it will be processed by the LA Superior Court.
If you ignore that ticket COMPLETELY, meaning no contact whatsoever, the court will send you, or whoever is the registered owner of the vehicle, scary mail. If you continue not responding, you'll start getting even scarier collections letters from GC Services. But if you ignore those, your ticket will be tucked away in the court's internal files and they WILL NOT pursue you.
The violation will not show up on your credit report or DMV record. so your insurance company has no way of seeing it, either.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You are correct i see now that I must respond to the Los Angeles Superior Court, West District. Is there a way I can research this to confirm what you are saying? Also if the court refuses to enforce the red light ticket wouldn't it be safer and better to go into court? I'm not in the habit of ignoring a legal court document, although i am open to the option.
Phone call session started

Thank you.