Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

No thank you ma'am. I'm good. Arcadia, Louisiana. No, It's a

Customer Question

No thank you ma'am. I'm good.
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Arcadia, Louisiana. No
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: It's a summons ticket.......cop gave me temp license
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question about this for us?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does getting a temp license, signing sheet of paper mean I appear at court over confiscated license even though I'm not looking to contest ticket?

Thank you for your reply.

In Louisiana the police take your license in lieu of you putting up cash bond to insure you will appear in court. Once you appear in court and pay the ticket, your license is returned. If you pay by mail (if the clerk allows mail payments depending on the violation), then they will mail your license back to you once you pay. So you have to at least show up at the court clerk's office and you can pay then and your license will be given back to you then.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.