Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I have a failed to stop at stop sign violation which I pled

Customer Question
not guilty to. If...
I have a failed to stop at stop sign violation which I pled not guilty to. If I decide to pay it just to avoid going for hearing, will it result in points on license?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Brooklyn, New York
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I have an appearance date.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
1/3/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Failing to stop at a stop sign is a three point violation in New York. You do not have to appear in court if you pay the ticket before the date on the ticket. In New York, the state will assess a fee once you reach 6 points in an 18-month period.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Do you have any other questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer