CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

Yeah, i had gotten my 4th dui in the last 9years, and on the

hey yeah, i had gotten my 4th dui in the last 9years, and on the 4th dui i had a suspended license and a BAC of .16. is jail time possible or can i get out of it somehow
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ct
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: yes this tues
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Please allow me a moment to respond

In a situation like this, with a 4th DUI, jail time is likely going to be imposed. Moreover, you were driving on a suspended license, so the State is going to really consider that, knowing you should have not been driving to begin with. For a 3rd offense, there is a 1 year mandatory, as you may know, so if this is the 4th, they may file it as a felony and will be seeking jail. Unless you fight it and prevail, they are most likely going to seek jail time or even prison, instead of probation.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i had gotten my 3rd back in 2010, and the 4th over five years after that, does that count for anything

Yes, it is going to court. I say this because a drunk driving charge is considered a 3rd offense if you have at least one previous conviction within 10 years (of the 2 convictions).

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tues is my first appearence in court are they going to arrest me then or do i get to go home and then serve my time later on in the year

When you were arrested, did they set a bond on you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

If that is the case then they would not arrest you. You have a right to be appointed an attorney, if you can not afford one and they will look over the facts of the case and see if you have any defenses to raise and if you should contest this and go to trial or take a plea. However, until the case is resolved and the sentence imposed, you should be able to go home and even have date set, for any time which needs to be served.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!