Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

My wife received a ticket for 39.4-56.4 IMPEDE HAMPER

Customer Question
TRAFFIC in addition to 39:4-67...
My wife received a ticket for 39.4-56.4 IMPEDE HAMPER TRAFFIC in addition to 39:4-67 & 39:4-115. I know the last one has a penalty of 3 points. For 39.4-56.4 she has to go to court. When I read this section it is unclear to me if she potentially faces suspension of her license. Section 39:4-56.2 discusses suspension and I am not sure if the 2 sections go together. Please advise.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry, NJ.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that there were 3 tickets in 1 shot for a mistaken left turn
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
11/25/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney replied 12 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

39:4-56.4 is the statute that gives the state of New Jersey the power to apply any of the penalties mentioned in the act. 39.4-56.2 says that a conviction for a violation of the Act shall include a year's loss of license. So unfortunately, yes, your wife's license is potentially at risk. To try to protect it, it's best she has a lawyer with her when she shows up for her court date.

If you require additional information, please post your follow up here on this question thread, and I’ll be happy to provide it.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney