Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I bought this car from tow company..its all reg.in my name

Customer Question
they have not let me...
I bought this car from tow company..its all reg.in my name they have not let me take it for a week now .first they said .i needed 2000 bucks an police release.then tried saying i had stolen paper work .the.they said it was impounded by another agensy wich they no nothing about.what can i do to get my new car
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
11/15/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
First off, if what they are stating is correct, then they had no business selling you the car if another agency took it or the police had not released it. Second, if you have proof you paid for the car which you presented to DMV to register it in your name, it is your car.
So, your first step is contacting the police and reporting the tow company for theft by fraud and show the police the paperwork. If the police cannot get the car released then your final option is you have the right to sue the tow company for breach of contract and seek to get all of your money back or the vehicle released from the court and you can sue them in small claims court if the amount in question is less than $10,000.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did have possesion of the car for a few days .an they are claming that there driver seen the car.an they took it upon themselvs to take the car saying they reimpounded the car
Thank you for your reply.
They had no right to impound the car again and as such you are not obligated for them improperly impounding the car. So you have the right to sue them if the police will not force them to release the car, as you have proof you paid for the car and it is your car.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney