How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 29802
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ticket 344298 by Causeway police on Huey Bridge - Guilty

Customer Question

Ticket 344298 by Causeway police on Huey Long Bridge - Guilty with cause, trying to find out how to get out of it. Discovered I had bladder cancer on 9/29. Had surgery 10/12, had catherter in me through 10/20, have an incontinence issue now. Coming down bridge realized I need to get to a restroom, that's when I got caught. Wet myself while awaiting office to write the ticket.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: La.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Don't think so,, ticket for 61 in a 50
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

You have the ability to go in to court and ask that they reduce the fine based on you having a reasonable explanation for speeding. They will usually allow you to pay a lesser amount, or they might let you do community service instead of paying anything. It is possible that a sympathetic district attorney will ask the judge to dismiss the charge or reduce it to a non-moving violation. That requires going to court on the date on the ticket and making the request. If you plead not guilty and go to trial, the judge isn't allowed to consider why you were speeding, because intent isn't one of the required elements. But I hope you can negotiate a resolution.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. If I did not address the specific thing that you wanted to know, it may not have come across clearly to me, so please restate that question. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Did you have any other questions about this?