Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

South Carolina. car loan is under Mrs X. car insurance is

Customer Question
South Carolina. car loan is under...
South Carolina.
car loan is under Mrs X.
car insurance is under Mrs. X.
car registration is under Mr Y.is that legal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
11/4/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Is it legal, no, because the registered owner must be insured. There is nothing wrong with Mrs. X being on the loan and insurance, but Mr. Y has to be insured on the vehicle if he is on the registration as registered owner. If Mr. Y is in an accident and he is not insured then that is the only issue.
If Mr. Y is insured, then the fact she is on the insurance and loan is not an issue. It is only an issue if Mr. Y is not insured for the vehicle.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney