How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27214
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons girlfriend got a ticket for driving without a

Customer Question

My sons girlfriend got a ticket for driving without a license. No violation other than that. She didn't go to court. (9 29) because she couldn't pass the written test. I believe she is dyslexic. She finally passed yesterday and now has s license. Does she need an attorney to go to court for her since she failed to appear
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 9 months ago.

Do you know if a warrant was issued for her arrest?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't know
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. Please allow me a moment.

Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 9 months ago.

If she failed to appear in court, a warrant for failing to appear may have been issued. As such, she needs to call the clerk of court this morning to see if anything was issued, since it would need to be vacated, so she can appear and resolve this. Once that is done, she can appear with her license and see if the State would consider amending or dismissing the charge, since she has obtained a valid license. It is always best to retain counsel but she is not required to, if she wants to handle this on her own, as the clerk may have the forms for her to fill out and file to reset the hearing.