How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 558
Experience:  Private practice
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received 2 non payable tickets one for expired inspection

Customer Question

hi, my name is***** received 2 non payable tickets one for expired inspection and the other for not having my insurance card with me. I have to appear of court next tuesday. I am a student and i have full day of call that day and i was wondering is there any way i can change the court date?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: yes. i do
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: next week oct 25- i got my ticket yesterday
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer (“JA”)! I am an attorney with over 20 years’ experience in multiple jurisdictions and I look forward to assisting you today.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, please consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) No specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship is formed herein. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Please give me a moment to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. Also, if i could how would i change the court date?