Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I just got second ticket in 2 months for speeding over 90 in

Customer Question
JA: What state was the...
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: I just got second ticket in 2 months for speeding over 90 in the state of coloraod
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no my record is clean
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
10/17/2016
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

It is certainly in your best interest to retain a traffic ticket defense attorney to represent you. The first thing which they will want to do, is review the face of the citation and see if there is a legal basis to get it dismissed. If not, they will then have to look over the facts of the case and decide if it is in your best interest to work out a plea deal or to take the case to trial and make the State prove the allegation(s) against you. The officer will need to be present. If he/she fails to appear at trial, the case will likely be dismissed, unless a continuance is granted by the Judge, upon the showing of good cause. If the officer does appear, your attorney will be given a chance to cross examine them and attack their credibility. The attorney is going to want to inspect their documents and log book, to make sure that the speed measuring device was properly calibrated, that they have the citation logged and are certified to use the equipment. Moreover, they will question them about their training and experience, trying to create doubt that they may have not known what they were doing and improperly measured your speed. They will also raise any other possible defenses, which you may have, to try and obtain a finding of not guilty.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is it likely a lawyer can get the points dropped? I am not concerned about the fine but I will have 12 points on my tickets on my DL
If you fight it and prevail the answer is yes. At this point you do not have any choice but to since the points will likely result in a suspension

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney