How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a accident occurs and the person doesn't report the

Customer Question

If a accident occurs and the person doesn't report the accident or the report he got from the police , how could it be checked or found ??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am buying a car and a group for friends are telling me they know for a fact that the car has been in an accident but I check on car fax and I can't find it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They saw a car hit the tree and they saw the police there but I can't trace anything ? Ist possible ?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What is your question...are you asking if the police are required to take a report if they view an accident?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way that I can find if the car has been reported to the police on any accident ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just basically sir , if there is a police report where would I find it ?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Not all accidents are shown on CarFax report. This may in part be because the accident was not reported to the police or if it was a single car accident, the police may have neglected to report it.

If it is on the police report, then you would need to go to the county in which the accident occurred and ask to view the police reports on a computer database and do a key word search.

Finally, you can hire a body shop mechanic to come out and inspect the car to give you a professional opinion as to whether it has been in an accident.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.