How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 3989
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

NOTICE OF UNSATISFIED PHOTO ENFORCEMENT TICKET #3335-4QYK? It has my name but I have never been to CO ? Thanks. Cherry Orly.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I guess it is COLORADO (CO)?
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is not for me...the info is totally wrong to my vehicle.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 10 months ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You do not indicate which state you are in, but most (if not all) states do not enforce out of state Camera citations because of the many problems (legal and practical) associated with them. Also you should no that Colorado does not assign points to camera tickets. SO there s little that they can do to you.

Also, they must obtain actual provable service on you for the ticket to be enforceable in any event. This means that they must serve you at least by certified mail. If the ticket did not come by certified mail it is not eneforceable (unless you make the mistake of responding to it).

So this is one of those very rare situations where you are probably better off ignoring the letter and not responding.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.