How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 1575
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was stopped and issued a speeding ticket 70mph in a 55mph

Customer Question

I was stopped and issued a speeding ticket 70mph in a 55mph zone I was not just cruising 70 I was passing a car then slowed down he clocked me in the process will I loose my privileges for this I have no priors in the past 3 years
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Lumberton nc
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately, speeding 15mph over the speed limit in North Carolina has the potential to result in the loss of your license. However, these types of violations (especially since it is your first in the past 3 years) can be reduced to less serious offenses that do not result in loss of your license and can even exclude insurance points.

But in order to speak to the prosecutor and have your ticket reduced, you will most likely need to hire a local traffic attorney who can appear in court on your behalf. Many times, a prosecutor will not even speak to you unless you are represented by an attorney. You should speak to a few different local attorneys and see how cheap you can get the representation since this is not a very complicated case for your attorney to handle.

I hope this has been helpful. If so, please provide positive feedback

Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 11 months ago.

Please rate my answers 5-stars if you have found my answers helpful!