How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TrafficeLaw-Expert Your Own Question
TrafficeLaw-Expert, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 1953
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
TrafficeLaw-Expert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a handicapped licensed individual There is a Single

Customer Question

I am a handicapped licensed individual
There is a Single handicap spot on my street bye-bye building
I live at*****allegan Michigan
At the end of the row is a handicap space that I would like to use
But the city police allow contractors to park there trucks on the space during the day
It is hard for me as handicapped individual define parking spaces near my office
What can I do since I have contacted the police allegan police to allow me to park in this spot to have that move the car
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  TrafficeLaw-Expert replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I want to make sure you receive excellent service today. Are you online with me?

Expert:  TrafficeLaw-Expert replied 11 months ago.

Contractors who have purchased construction permits from the Bureau of Development Services are allowed by City code to reserve the parking spaces around the project area. If you have called the police repeatedly to have the vehicles towed and they fail to do anything about it, then legally, you may not have a lot of recourse. I realize that the law is not entirely in your favor here and I am truly sorry to have to deliver bad news. Nonetheless, I trust that you will appreciate an accurate explanation of the law and realize that it would be unprofessional of me and unfair to you to provide you with anything less. That does not, however, mean that there is nothing you can do. You may want to try calling the location that is hiring these contractors. If you do not know who they are, you can 1) ask the police, 2) ask the individual parking the car, or 3) look for where they are working and ask someone on the work site. In calling someone in customer service or public relations, you can explain that you are unable to park your car as a result of them parking there and thus are unable to get to and from your home. You can plead to their humanity and ask if there is any way they can park at a different location on the street so that you might gain access to the space. People can surprise you with their acts of decency. Other options include applying for another disabled only parking space in front of your home. You can apply for the space by contacting your local office of the states parking authority. You must submit a physician certification of disability from your treating physician. New signs and coloring will be applied by the Michigan Parking Authority once all criteria are met. If you cannot find the number for your local office, consider calling(###) ###-####and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Expert:  TrafficeLaw-Expert replied 11 months ago.

Also, you mention that you passed the police on several occasions. Did you ever try calling the police department or the Sheriffs department that might be responsible for that area? Usually, the sheriffs department is more apt to deal with infringers. Of course, this is assuming they do not have the legal right to be there as I mentioned above.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, please do not forget to provide my service with a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Expert:  TrafficeLaw-Expert replied 11 months ago.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.