How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a ticket going 70 in a 55? I was wondering can I take

Customer Question

I got a ticket going 70 in a 55? I was wondering can I take a class because I'm in college right now and there is no way I can't pay it at the moment
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NC
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Are you asking if you can avoid paying the fine? (You cannot)


Are you asking if you can qualify for traffic school to reduce the impact of your traffic citation against your driving record (reduce the impact on your insurance premiums)? (You can in most courts)

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

The only way to avoid paying the fine is to actually contest the ticket/citation - requiring you to either pay for a lawyer (usually costs around $150-$200), but you may be able to avoid a traffic violation altogether.


Appear in court yourself to dispute the traffic violation.

Related Traffic Law Questions