Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I got a ticket going 70 in a 55? I was wondering can I take

Customer Question
a class because I'm in...
I got a ticket going 70 in a 55? I was wondering can I take a class because I'm in college right now and there is no way I can't pay it at the moment
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NC
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/29/2016
Traffic Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

Are you asking if you can avoid paying the fine? (You cannot)

Or,

Are you asking if you can qualify for traffic school to reduce the impact of your traffic citation against your driving record (reduce the impact on your insurance premiums)? (You can in most courts)

The only way to avoid paying the fine is to actually contest the ticket/citation - requiring you to either pay for a lawyer (usually costs around $150-$200), but you may be able to avoid a traffic violation altogether.

OR

Appear in court yourself to dispute the traffic violation.

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney