Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I got into an accident (I hit her, only damages are from my

Customer Question
license plate -slight scratches). The...
I got into an accident (I hit her, only damages are from my license plate -slight scratches). The police weren't called. I didn't take photos but she sent the one she took. She sent me the estimate and told me that they could have done more but they didn't because she was doing me a favor. I told her I'll pay the company but she wants the money herself. Is there anything I can do to make sure that money I send goes towards the repairs without involving my insurance?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She's also added things I didn't do to the estimate as well
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There's nothing wrong with my car. I literally rolled into her at no more than 2 mph. And the damages that she's saying I couldn't have possibly done. This is more first accident and I'm not exactly sure how to proceed legally.
9/24/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You can pay the money to her. However, you MUST get Release of Liability from her so that she does not come back for more or try to file a claim with your insurance company after she received the payment from you. For sample release of liability forms, click here.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law