Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

Am from florida i got a ticket in florida and am not happy

Customer Question
hi am from florida i...
hi am from florida i got a ticket in florida and am not happy with outcome. i there a way to reconsider the ticket
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: not yet am confused and wooried
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not much
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/1/2016
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Can you share with me what the outcome was and how it was handled? What were you charged with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but is this chat private?

It can be closed out once we are finish by the site

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was speeding 32 over speed limit, and attorney asked for ammending to lower speed which was denied, and then asked for withhold which was denied too. and i have to pay fine now. But am more worried abt 30+ than the fine

Yes, I do understand. There would need to be a reason and legal basis to vacate the judgment which was entered. You could ask that the Judge open the case but there would need to be a reason for this and you would need to explain why this is needed and if you were represented by counsel, how/why you want done. In a situation like this, the attorney should have gone to trial and tried to fight this, if you did not want it on your record, after the court would not agree to amend or withhold on this and a plea was taken with a conviction. . This will have an effect on your insurance and if there is a reason for this, it can be presented to the Judge

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is because it could effect my immigration process since am on a work visa, or when i try to apply for green card

Thank you. This is a civil matter, not criminal, so the speeding citation alone should/may not effect it. It is not criminal, so the speeding infraction, should not effect

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you think on immigration grounds, i can reopen the case and stand any chance of ammending speeding ticket ? if yes, can you please suggest any good attorney or what kind of attorney i should look for , in this particular case? Thanks in advance
You are welcome. The site does not allow us to give out personal referrals but you can use the Florida bars attorney referral service for counsel. Now even if this was vacated you would then have to go to trial and win or else you will be in the same position as you are in now.
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney