How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 40979
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a couple questions for you. I just got a Red light

Customer Question

Hello, I have a couple questions for you. I just got a Red light ticket from a Police office , while I turned the yellow light change to fast to the red, and it also was traffic (other cars were in front of me, which iscause the delay on the intersection). I don't know where the Police undercover car was positioned at that moment, and if they could have seen me committed the offense. I do have the Video
registrator in my car, and I'll check if we can see the light color on it, so it's going to be a good proof . But if not, can I still try to trial it? I've got a ticket in Brooklyn, NY, but I live in PA, and my driver license and registration in PA as well. So my question is - in what state I should go to the court to plead not guilty ? In NY where I got a ticket, or in PA where I live?
And if I the judge will decide that I guilty, how much I should pay for the Red light ticket? And how many points it'll give me on my driver licens? Thank you!
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

You would need to appear here in Brooklyn NY if you want to contest this.The first visit is an arraignment the second the actual trial setting.You go to first visit here to request trial if you want to contest it.

I would contact the court where you got the ticket to see if defensive driving online is an option.In that situation they defer the plea until you complete and then dismiss the ticket from your record.This is probably the best outcome other than two appearances.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

Call here to check on options

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.