Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Kansas Highway Patrol, Misdemeanor "driving upon closed

road; remove/destroy barricade, what type...
Kansas Highway Patrol, Misdemeanor "driving upon closed road; remove/destroy barricade, what type of fine am I looking at. I did not remove or destroy any type of barricade. Ramp exit off Highway was not blocked off, when I used the exit. Officer stated that there was a sign posted that I did not see or noticed.
8/23/2016
SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today. By continuing, you agree that this conversation shall not be considered legal advice and that you understand I can only comment on the law in general and not give advice on your particular situation.

Sorry to hear about your situation. The punishments are listed here. Its a $100 fine and 3 months in jail for the maximum punishment. In a typical situation like this, you would get a suspended sentence (no jail time) and a portion of the fine ($50-$100).

If you're disputing that you committed this offense, you would need to appear at your court date and argue that there either wasn't a sign or it wasn't posted adequately to give you sufficient notice of it.

I hope this helps!

If you valued my time, please consider rating me positively at the top of the page. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. If you have further questions, please continue to ask them until you're completely satisfied.

DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.

SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney