How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27585
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a similar problem. I have a suspension letter from

Customer Question

Hello there, I have a similar problem. I have a suspension letter from department of transportation about my license being suspended if I don't appeal it. How do you go about appealing it? It doesn't state in the letter how to and I didn't get a dui or anything. I just didn't have my vehicle registered or insured at the time but now I do. Can I just fill out a form and send in my proof of registered and insured car?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 12 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, there are forms which must be filed and a procedure and I have provided for you to review a self-help guide that you can use as a reference tool, to understand the process, so you can handle this on your own. While I know the county you are in may be different, the process is similar and you can either draft your own forms and change the heading/style or go to the DMV in person and ask for and obtain the forms, that are already printed.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Okay, so I send both of those forms with my suspension letter to Pennsylvania department of transportation and just wait to hear back? Also while I'm waiting to hear back my license is still going to be suspended after the original 30 day deadline?
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 12 months ago.

Yes, you can give it a week or so but you 100% want to follow up with them and make sure it was received and that a hearing date will be set. In addition, you can confirm and inquire, if the appeal will STAY the suspension until the appeal is heard or it will be imposed.