Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

What's the difference btn suspension Licence and revocked?

Customer Question
What's the difference btn suspension...
What's the difference btn suspension Licence and revocked ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
8/10/2016
Traffic Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 1 year ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you.License suspension is temporary and it can be reinstated but a revoked license is a permanent seizure of a person’s driving privilege. With a revoked license, a person can never legally drive in that state. If a driver violates the laws and rules of driving again and again then his/her license can be revoked.
If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok.. First offense dui and no criminal records with chemical test refusal . Will your licence be on suspension or revocked ?

Suspended, not revoked.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok.. How long is the suspension ?

What state is this in, so I can look it up? It's typically at least a year, although a person can get a hardship license, normally.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lincoln NE

Refusal to consent to the chemical test will result in a 1 year license suspension for a first offense, but it may be possible to get a conditional license (to go to work, school, etc).

Please remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars as experts are NOT employees of this site and this is the only way we are credited.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I taught is 90 days ?

Unfortunately no. The penalty is one year for refusal to submit to a BAC.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What this mean?

I'm finding different information, so I'll opt out and allow other another expert to assist from here.

Kindly do not reply to this message as the site will send the question back to me, delaying other experts the opportunity to see and respond to the question. You'll be notified when a new expert replies. Thank you.

RobertJDFL, Attorney