How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 9330
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We bought a used car (88 trans am) in Nevada (private sale)

Customer Question

We bought a used car (88 trans am) in Nevada (private sale) around the 4th of July. It is at the mechanics (here in California)for some upgrades and repairs. Any idea what needs to be done to have it registered in California? We obviously cant drive it out until they are done with it but want to be in compliance. There's a good chance it'd pass emissions prior to repairs being made (maf sensor and tps being replaced), paint job and alignment, but would rather wait, just in case.

Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Is the car registered in your name in Nevada?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** title. But didnt register in Nevada as I only bought there, while on vacation. Intend on registering it here in California, where i reside.

Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 11 months ago.

How To Register A Vehicle from Out-of-State (Nonresident Vehicle) is explained at

I hope this information is helpful.