Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I received a citation today in Goldsboro NC (G.S. 20-141 J1)

Customer Question
for doing 76mph in...
I received a citation today in Goldsboro NC (G.S. 20-141 J1) for doing 76mph in a 55mph speed zone. I haven't had a speeding ticket and or any other citation in years. I currently live in Richmond VA. What consequences am I looking at?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
7/31/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Paying a fine and possible license suspension for 30 days. For more information, click on the link below:

https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/driver/license/violation/

North Carolina and Virginia are both members of Driver License Compact. So, your ticket in North Carolina will be communicated to Commonwealth of Virginia.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law