CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

I received a letter from the DMV stating my license was

Customer Question

I received a letter from the DMV stating my license was going to get suspended due to a DUI/arrest on July 1st. This never happened.
I called up DMV investigatory services & the safety officer of whom I would schedule my hearing to contest the DUI with the DMV. Both of whom said there was no DUI on my record & that it must have been a clerical error. The DMV investigatory services did state that my name had been part of a monthly dui & tracking report..but I had no DUI to my name.
I'm wondering now what should I do now to legally protect myself in case all of a sudden this false DUI appears on my record? I was thinking of trying to get a letter from the DMV stating that there is no DUI on my record. Any advice on what to get & how to get it would be very helpful!
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon what you shared above, you can contact the DMV and ask them to present something to you in writing, that as of X date, that there is no DUI arrest on your record and that the previous letter generated and sent out by the DMV, was in error. Moreover, you can request and pull a copy of your driving record, to show and evidence that there was/is nothing on it, as of the date you called and spoke with them. If you pull your record, you will see nothing is on it.