How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter failed to answer a ticket speeding. now another

Customer Question

My daughter failed to answer a ticket speeding. now another charge was added failed to Answer Summons. The court clerk told me, My daughter can write a letter before 7/17/16. Pleading guilty. We need help in constructing the letter
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NYS The Town of East Fishkill
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no just the court clerk
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: we are just looking to pay the fine and pleaded guilty
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You should not write the letter and plead guilty. What you should do is find a local traffic attorney to represent your daughter in this matter. Typically, depending on where you live, attorneys charge around $75-$100 to represent someone in a traffic case. He would be able to address the failure to answer the summons. The attorney also (depending on your daughter's driving record) may be able to get the ticket dismissed or have adjudication withheld and leave her only responsible for court costs.

If she pleads guilty, she will get the points on her license and the insurance will go up. She would be better off electing to go to traffic school as this gets rid of the points.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Related Traffic Law Questions