How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 19285
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a older Mercedes (1983) online, seller send me

Customer Question

I purchased a older Mercedes (1983) online, seller send me just a bill of sale, no title, no reg.
Can I register this old benz here in Florida as an antique? and the VT bill of sale will suffice? (VT being a no title state when 15 years older).
Let me know
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, the VT bill of sale will not suffice. You would need the original title and proof of insurance in order to register the car in the State of Florida.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VT, do not issue titles for 15 years and older vehicles.
So can't get a title from them !
What is your suggestion?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Contact the State of Florida RMV to see if there is a special way that you would be allowed to register the vehicle. I searched on their website and did not see any exceptions.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.