How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel-II Your Own Question
Samuel-II, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  I have been handling minor traffic offenses for more than 20 years.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Samuel-II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just got a traffic ticket 76 mph in a construction zone 60

Customer Question

Just got a traffic ticket for doing 76 mph in a construction zone 60 mph zone, speed reduction signage was blocked by work truck. should i fight it?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: There were traffic cones directing me to a single lane of flow, but still did not see the speed reduction signage due to truck blocking view?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of this matter. I suggest if there were no other signs before the one you say was blocked and if you can prove it was blocked by a truck, then yes consider fighting it. I suggest you could plead guilty with an explanation and the explanation being there was a truck blocking the sign. Maybe the officer who wrote the ticket observed that, too - At any rate, you could ask the court to consider that explanation and reduce your fine and not attach any points.

Of course, that is going to also depend on what your traffic record is like. If you have no other tickets say in the last 3 years, then it may be possible the court would consider and show leniency.