Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I have perfect clean driving record yrs,and now we are

Customer Question
I have perfect clean driving...
I have perfect clean driving record for 60 yrs,and now we are having one BIG family fight and some one in the family had my drivers licences revoked the state can't say who did it and I can set in my home for ever alone This is really terrible. What can I do??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
6/27/2016
Traffic Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

I am going to assume that your driver's license was revoked due to a claimed medical disability (perhaps associated with the aging process or a more specific illness or disability).

A family member cannot cause a driver's license to be revoked.

However, a physician can. I would recommend that you first speak to your physician and see if they did in fact recommend that you no longer drive (and if so, why).

If your physician does not have any information for you, and has no reason why you should not be able to drive, you are then going to have to follow up with the Department of Motor Vehicles to further investigate what exactly happened to your license (but something does not sound right about your situation, the DMV sends the driver a statement telling them exactly why their license is being revoked, there is no surprise about it, and it is not a secret).

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney