Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former Asst State Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

My son, who is presently out of the country, sold s car day

Customer Question

my son, who is presently out of the country, sold his car day he left. the new owner was to send us a copy of her title of the car so we could cancel his car insurance confidently. She has not done so. We just need to know that the car is now titled in her name in florida?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

You can contact a local DMV service center for your county and they should be able to confirm the transfer for you.

Here is a link to the offices listed by county: http://www.flhsmv.gov/locations/

Your auto insurance agent can also probably confirm the transfer, as well. They often have access to the the DMV databases.