Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  10 years of legal experience, including traffic law
12176198

I have a suspended licence but I have never gotten my actual

Customer Question

Hi i have a suspended licence but I have never gotten my actual licence and i also have tickets I haven't paid j ow can i fix my problems I had court today I played not guilty
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Traffic Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok
JA: Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I had a ticket for no ins and no licence in .ca and also had a ticket for speeding and no licence and no ins.....recently I had a car accident were a car hit me it was his fault but that's how u got a court date because the police check I had no licence
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 1 year ago.

Hello. What exactly are you looking to do? Are you suspended for the unpaid tickets?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea

So I am not sure what your financial situation is but if you can pay off your tickets, that will return your driving privilege to good standing and you can attempt to get a license then. If you can do that by your next court date, the prosecutor and judge may cut you more of a break because you have tried to get your situation in order. Even if you just try to request a payment plan and start making payments and bring proof of that to court, it will weigh in your favor.

It is also a good idea to get a lawyer before your next court date. Driving suspended carries between 5 days and six months in jail. Driving without a license is also up to six months in jail. Driving without insurance is a fineable offense, but because there was an accident your driving privilege can be suspended up to four more years. Speeding is also a fine. Because the charges do carry the possibility of jail time, it is prudent to have a lawyer to try to negotiate on your behalf and to protect your rights. If you have no prior record and take steps to clear up your driving issues, then a lawyer may be able to negotiate some kind of resolution that does not involve any kind of jail time.