How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 116771
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son got a speeding ticket in 2014. He completed a DMV

Customer Question

My son got a speeding ticket in 2014. He completed a DMV licensed online traffic school course. After recently being involved in a traffic accident he found out he never got credit for the traffic school resulting in a point on his record. He contacted the driving school a got a certificate showing he did complete the course. How does he go about getting the point removed. He's on my insurance and it went way, way, way up. We're trying to find the fasted way to take care of this. Thank You!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to present your proof of completion to the DMV showing it was completed within the allotted time and they have to correct the record. If DMV refuses to correct the record upon proof to them that the class was completed in time, then he has to file for an administrative appeal to go before a hearing officer to ask them to rule he receive credit for the class. If the hearing officer does not rule in his favor, then the final step is he has to file an appeal in court to get them to review the administrative decision and order the credit applied to his license record. I am afraid there is no real faster way to do this other than those steps.