Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I'm 25 years old and I have never had a driver license. I have

Customer Question

I'm 25 years old and I have never had a driver license. I have tickets and surcharges. What do I have to do to get my driver license
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Have you tried to get your license already? What have you tried?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I havent
Thank you for your reply. I am afraid that the bad news is that in order to get your license, you would have to pay off all of the fines due. You will also have to wait for any suspension time that the Texas DOT has imposed on you for the driving without the license and surcharges. However, until you pay the fines and then go apply for the license they will not tell you how long you will have to wait for them to issue it as a penalty for you driving without one and getting tickets.I am afraid this is the only way to get one and even if you go to another state, they cannot issue a license and they will check your name in the interstate license database and will see the surcharges and hold from Texas and this would prevent them from issuing you a license.