Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I received a traffic ticket U-turn which

Customer Question
I received a traffic ticket...
I received a traffic ticket for inappropriate U-turn which involves an accident. I have the opportunity to get this ticket dismissed by taking a traffic school class. Does this mean that I am pleading guilty of this charge? The police report shows that I am at fault and my insurance company is paying for the other party's medical bills etc. My question is if the claim amount exceeds my coverage and the other party files a lawsuit against me, will taking the class and getting the ticket dismissed be used against me? What is my best option to deal with this traffic ticket? Ideally I would like to take a class to get the case dismissed but I do not want to risk anything. This is in Arizona. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
5/10/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. Unless the accident was very severe and the personal injury damages excessive your insurance will very likely cover the damages to the other party. Also your insurance company owes you a duty to offer a settlement that includes releasing you from additional liability. So as a practical matter this should not be a worry to you. But specific to your question, taking the class is not an admission of guilt and is very often the best outcome for the driver who received a citation. I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your answer. Just to be clear, what kind of pleading is it to go to traffic school? Pleading guilty, no contest or? I know paying the citation penalty fees is to plead guilty.
Hello: If you take the class the citation is dismissed. There is no plea. You have to register for the class before your Court date. See: https://www.azcourts.gov/drive/Frequently-Asked-Questions I hope this additional information is helpful to you. Kind regards,Gerald (Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer