How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 26823
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Got caught with fake inspection sticker. Trying to see what

Customer Question

Got caught with fake inspection sticker. Trying to see what the cost in Maine will be
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. Can't afford one and court date is tomorrow
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Traffic Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Jeep needed 2000.00 of work to pass inspection . I went divorce and am broke so photoshop a sticker
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Traffic Lawyer should know?
Customer: I am a veteran with a spotless record until this. I immediately went ant got a small loan to get a car that is legal. I was desperate and stupid I guess
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Driving with a false inspection sticker is a class E crime. It is a misdemeanor and not a traffic infraction. It carries a maximum penalty of 6 months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000. When you go to court tomorrow, plead not guilty and ask the judge for a public defender. Perhaps a lawyer can get this reduced to a traffic infraction, which could keep a misdemeanor conviction off of your record and also keep the fine down.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.