Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

Got caught with fake inspection sticker. Trying to see what

Customer Question
Got caught with fake inspection...
Got caught with fake inspection sticker. Trying to see what the cost in Maine will be
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. Can't afford one and court date is tomorrow
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Traffic Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Jeep needed 2000.00 of work to pass inspection . I went divorce and am broke so photoshop a sticker
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Traffic Lawyer should know?
Customer: I am a veteran with a spotless record until this. I immediately went ant got a small loan to get a car that is legal. I was desperate and stupid I guess
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
5/9/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney replied 1 year ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Hello, Driving with a false inspection sticker is a class E crime. It is a misdemeanor and not a traffic infraction. It carries a maximum penalty of 6 months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000. When you go to court tomorrow, plead not guilty and ask the judge for a public defender. Perhaps a lawyer can get this reduced to a traffic infraction, which could keep a misdemeanor conviction off of your record and also keep the fine down.
Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney