Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

Can you get anything worse than a fine from a red light camera?

Customer Question
What happens if you go...
Can you get anything worse than a fine from a red light camera? What happens if you go right on red without stopping or slowing down when the camera has been red for say 2 minutes or something? Can you be charged with reckless driving or otherwise or would that just be the same red light camera fine?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
5/7/2016
Traffic Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 1 year ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Thank you for using Just Answer. If you were to run the light and do harm --hit a person, crash into another car, destroy property, etc., there could be additional fines or charges, but otherwise, you're just looking at a fine, no points. If you need clarification or additional information, please reply and I'm happy to assist further. Thank you.
RobertJDFL, Attorney