How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to GP Doctor..I needed pain meds..having had many back

Customer Question

I went to GP Doctor..I needed pain meds..having had many back injuries and surgeries. She order the Scrip and then notified DMV here in Colorado to rovoke my license.. She didnt mention anything..4-5 mos later.. I got notice my license was suspended. Can you tell me if she has the right to do this to me..'had no violations/tickets, nothing..Real Estate for 42 yrs,,and CDL for 12
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid that under Colorado law a doctor or law enforcement officer that believes that a person is medically unfit to operate a motor vehicle at the time has a duty to report this to the DMV and DMV has to give a medical license suspension. The doctor has to justify why you were not fit to currently operate a motor vehicle safely in writing to the DMV and then based on that the DMV makes their decision. You have a right to appeal the suspension, but to do so you must go to a doctor and be examined and that doctor must write a report explaining how you are safe to operate a motor vehicle and the DMV can request a hearing where the doctor will have to testify as to your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle given your medical condition and the medications you are taking.