How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 4502
Experience:  10 years of legal experience, including traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a traffic ticket that I am contesting. The officer who

Customer Question

I got a traffic ticket that I am contesting. The officer who ticketed me was giving another ticket at the exact same time he claimed to have registered my speed. How do I find the other ticket he was giving just before mine? I want to use it to file my trial by declaration. I'm am curious if the previous ticket was for the same infraction as mine.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Sorry to hear about your ticket. You could file an informal discovery request, although it is likely that they may not give you what you want because they will argue the ticket is not relevant to your ticket. What may be more successful for you is to file a Freedom of Information Act on the agency that employs the officer. Here is a sample request: You can usually find the Custodian of Records' name for the agency that the officer works for using Google. As for the request itself, the more information you can provide them with, the, location, and name of the officer (which should be on your ticket). They are required to give a response within 10 days, so it will probably be faster than an informal discovery request. Hope this helps!