How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 558
Experience:  Private practice
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a 22348() VC at 1:44am on the freewayJA: The Traffic

Customer Question

I got a 22348(B) VC at 1:44am on the freeway
JA: The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I haven
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Traffic Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: haven't
JA: Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: hello?
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: Is there a live person I could speak to?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there ---I am perfectly happy to speak with you on these matters but such a call is a PREMIUM SERVICE and it must be charged as a premium service -- customer service sets a price and sends the offer to you and then you accept or decline based upon the nature of your question and the amount. Because the telephone calls are generally about 70 dollars in and of themselves, can I suggest that you set forth the facts of your situation here in writing and if we can resolve it here through the chat and message board it will be much less expensive for you in the long run. -Please let me know if you want to proceed with the phone call or try the chat/message board here first. -MARY
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mary,I got a 22348(B) VC at 1:44am in California on a freeway, I wasn't aware of how fast I was going but I did realize that I was going an unsafe speed around the area I was pulled over.I pulled myself over before the CHP officer put on his lights because I knew that I was speeding, but out of pure panic of being scared to not give the CHP officer an answer, the moment he asked "Do you know how fast you were going?" I answered with an unsure "100ish?" I know this definitely does not help my case but I didn't think that the charges of a 22348(B) could possibly be as severe as a 2 point mark on your DMV record. The citation is listed as a traffic infraction and the speed measurement was done on MVARS, I pretty much let the officer pull me over in hopes that he would understand that I knew I did something wrong.I don't generally take care of my own auto insurance because my dad is helping me out since I'm technically unemployed (I'm an independent contractor).I read that the first offense is a $500 fine but the idea of my license being suspended for 30 days could be detrimental to my career since I have to commute from Stockton to the south bay area for work.Long story short, I unintentionally sped 100+ mph, I understand the potential consequences, but I don't want my father to face the 2 point charges that'll affect my auto insurance and I can't afford to lose my license for 30 days because it'll cost me my potential career endeavors.I would normally just take the consequences and handle it, but this is asking me for my father (who is retired) and myself, for things that we definitely can not handle.What should I do from here? The most I can do to take care of the consequences is take care of the potential $500 fine. 2 Points or 30 days of a license suspension is just too much for us right now...I'm on the fence about doing a premium call since I think I just covered all my details.Tim
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Tim ---You set out the facts fine so I do not know what a telephone call would add. Other than this ticket have you had any previous tickets in the last 6 years or so? -MARY
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only had a speeding ticket for doing 75 on a 65mph as of last year, which I used my traffic school privilege on alreadyTim
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Tim ---I truly know of no way in CA to get out of either the points or the license suspension because you have already used your traffic school privilege. What I can do is opt out and put your question back onto the main board for other CA lawyers to review and see if they can assist you with something other than traffic school and short of an actual full on trial on the matter. Please bear with us because this is a late time of night on Just Answer and so you question may not be picked up right away -- it could even be answered at some point tomorrow with all of the lawyers who traffic in and out of the website on any given weekend. I do wish you the best...................... MARY