Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I'm working in Atlanta Ga. most of this year. my vehicle

Customer Question

hello, i'm working in Atlanta Ga. most of this year. my vehicle registration is due for renewal, deadline is 4/14/16. My issue is my vehicle requires a smog certificate this renewal and I have my car here in Atlanta for my personal time,"not working". do you except a smog certificate for a california registered from a Georgia inspection station? or can you assist me in what procedures or forms needed to cover for the year. I've been trying for an hour to find some kind of extension form online, unsuccessful so I'm reaching out! What do I need to do and how do I get what I need to do that, Thank you
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You would file a temporary waiver of smog certification (https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/407b2792-be32-47cf-8307-fb23b9102bc7/reg5103.pdf?MOD=AJPERES). File that with your renewal and you can then get your smog certification when you return to CA.