How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel-II Your Own Question
Samuel-II, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  I have been handling minor traffic offenses for more than 20 years.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Samuel-II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have gotten a Red Light ticket in Haines City, Fl ( Polk

Customer Question

I have gotten a Red Light ticket in Haines City, Fl ( Polk Co.) and they say my DL is suspended
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. Who is saying your license is suspended? And why? What information can I provide for you, please? What is the question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Ins. Co. just called and told me about it, My DL # ***** It is for a Stop Light Camera, in Haines City, FL
I was told that all the stop light cameras in FL are coming down, so that would stop all of this.
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.So there are 3 points attached to the violation. And if you paid the fine, the points will be attached. Of course, it takes 12 points to suspend a license. So you must have had points already, right? As to what you can do, I suggest you can contact the DMV and discuss the possible rescission of the red lights. At this time, you would need to wait for the legislature to make that rescission and hopefully they would make it retroactive though I highly doubt that will happen because then everyone would be getting money back. And do generally these type of repeals are done proactive meaning going forward from date of the effective date of the law.
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
So I suggest you consider the following:1 Contact your state representative and inquire about the repeal of the camera law.2 Contact the DMV and request a Hardship license hearing. A hardship license will allow you to drive to and from work, medical appointments and other necessities.
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
Also you can check with the DMV and see when some of your points are going to be "released" or "deleted" from your record so that you are not at the max points of 12.
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
You also can inquire via the DMV and your insurance carrier about online Driver Safety courses which if taken can reduce points.
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.